Sunday, August 8, 2010

drugs and food that don't go well together?

Eat for the health of it.

I have just read an article on food and drugs that don't mix. I really never thought that food would not mix well with drugs. If you think about it I guess mabe you wouldn't want to mix some drugs with orange juice or grapefruits and I have heard about that, I guess because of the acid.
You shouldn't drink alcohol and medications unless you have asked if they will mix.

If you are unsure what to do, just take your medication on an empty stomach and wait for 4 hours before eating. You should be safe with a neutral or bland foods such as, applesauce, pears, bananas mangos, baked squash, pumpkin, potatoes (without the skin). The best thing to do is talk to your doctor or pharmacist for any interactions between food and drugs. Also try www.pharminfo.com.

I hate taking medications because there are so many possibilities of interactions. I have trouble just trying to find a drug I can take that agrees with my system.

I try to stay as all natural as I can and it is hard for me when I do have a problem, I have to watch so I don't have an allergic reaction. I mostly have trouble with generic drugs.

If you are interested in eating all natural, please try my all natural cookbook, GRANDMA'S BACK TO BASICS ALL NATURAL MORE THAN JUST A COOKBOOK ISBN#0-8059-6286-7, by Teresa Thompson order at: www.dorrancepublishing.com or phone at: 1-800-788-7654. You may also order at:Amazonbooks.com or may be purchased at:Bassettes Healthfood Store on Secor Road in Toledo, Ohio, between Sylvania Avenue and Executive Parkway.

If you are looking for a great novel to read, why not give, 'Under Obligation' a try?The author is Trishianna Rose Roberts, ISBN#1-58736-601-0. It is based on a true story, only the names have been changed to protect the innocent. Please order at: www.wheatmark.com, Abebooks.com, Amazonbooks.com, and now available at: Books-a-million.com, ISBN# 978-1587366010 and also at: BarnsandNoble.com ISBN#978-1587366010.

Laughter is healthy:

A wealthy lawyer had a summer cottage in the woods and spent much of his free time up there and often took friends up there to keep him company. On one occasion he had asked his Czeckoslovakian friend of many years to go with him and he took him into the edge of the woods to pick some berries, as they were filling the bucket with the berries he noticed two huge bears- a male and a female. The lawyer ran out of the woods but his Czechoslovakian friend was not so lucky, the bear had reached him and swallowed him. The lawyer drove into town to get the sheriff, he quickly tells him what had happened and the sheriff grabs his gun and they drive back to the scene. The bears are still there and the lawyer says, "He's in that one!" pointing to the male, while visions of lawsuits are dancing in his head.
The sheriff looks at the bears and aims his gun at the female and shoots her dead.
"What'd you do that for?" exclaimed the lawyer, "I said he was in the male one!"
"Exactly," replies the sheriff, "but would you believe a lawyer that said that the Czech was in the male?" I know that was a real groaner.

No comments: