Sunday, August 23, 2009

Meats or not

Eat for the health of it.

Some say eating meats of any kind is bad for you. Some say that all vegetable diets are bad for you. What can we believe? Vegetables are good for you but you do need a protein source. Be sure to add fish and other seafoods to your diet too.

I look at it this way, if I eat everything that is all natural, I should be safe. I buy Amish chickens or the all natural chicken in the grocery store. I just take it for ganted that it is safe. I used to raise my own chickens and that is the best. It took me a long time to be able to eat other chickens. I will say that the Amish and all natural are about as close as you will get to your own farm raised.

If you go on a low carb diet, you will have to eat meat. I really like the low carb diet because you can eat a lot if you stay low on the carbs and a lot of times the problem people have with dieting is that they are always hungry, but not with the low carb because you can just eat some more, meat, eggs, fish or cheese and you have no carbs. Get a carb counter book, like Dr. Adkins, it will list everything you can have and you do need to have about 35 carbs a day or you will feel weak. For sweetening drinks like a lemon water drink, just add a few drops of Stevia. Stevia is all natural sweetener and no calories. (1 TBLS. lemon juice in a glass of water with a pinch of sea salt and 4-6 drops of stevia. Make it to taste.

If you have never tried low carb, like for breakfast you can eat as many eggs as you want, fried, scrambled or boiled. You can make them develed but use mayonnaise opposed to salad dressing because salad dressing has carbs and mayonnaise does not. You can eat meat, all you want unless it's breaded, (breading has carbs)I suggest fresh ground pork and add your own seasonings, make patties and fry them.

I think it's a very good diet because it's letting you eat all natural foods.

If you would like to eat all natural, please try my all natural cookbook:
GRANDMA'S BACK TO BASICS ALL NATURAL MORE THAN JUST A COOKBOOK ISBN#0-8059-6286-7
You may order at: 1-800-788-7654 You may order on line at:
www.dorrancepublishing.com Or at: amazonbooks.com Please use ISBN#0-8059-6286-7

Laughter is healthy:

I was standing in line with my bag of dog food, when the lady behind me asked if I had a dog. Thinking that it was a rather silly question to ask and I was tired of standing in line, I decided to have some fun with her so I said,"No, I am just starting this dog food diet."
She looked at me, not knowing what to say, so I continued,"I probably shouldn't do it because the last time I ended up in the hospital, but I did lose fifty pounds, before I ended up in the hospital with tubes coming out of me all over." The woman stood with her mouth hanging open and I couldn't stop myself from continuing with my story and everyone else in line was listening intently. I continued,"It is a perfectly good diet and it's nutritious, I simply load my pockets with the dog food and when I feel hungry I chew on a couple of the nuggets." Horrified, she asked if I ended up in the hospital from eating the dog food. I answered,"No, I stepped off the curb to sniff an Irish setter and a car hit both of us."

Don't mess with older people they have too much time on their hands and they can think of the craziest things to say.

No comments: