Friday, July 9, 2010

have you ever had a charley horse?

Eat for the health of it.

If you have never had a charley horse, you haven't lived long enough. I think they are one of the most painful of pains. I used to get them in my legs and they hurt so bad, I couldn't move. My mother-in-law had them and she would just scream they hurt her so bad. I wished I knew about the cure at that time for her sake.

Now this is going to sound crazy but I read that you should take a bar of white soap and put it under your fitted sheet or bottom sheet, near where your legs will get near the bar of soap. You can call me crazy or whatever you want, but I swear to you that it really works. I have talked to some of the people that have tried it and it didn't work for them. Now they may have used a colored bar of soap, I don't know. And I am not sure if it really makes the difference what color it is either. I only know that it does work for me and a couple of times now that I started to get cramps in my legs and I found out that my bar of soap had fallen out of bed and as soon as I put it back it started working again, so please give it a try, and keep it in there all the time, down by your legs.It doesn't take up much room. I use these little bars of soap they have at the Motels. It doesn't have to be a big bar.

You can try water exercises, Yoga, anything to keep you moving. I have read that you can eat seaweed, like bladderwrack, laminaria, dulse and kelp. (These are cooked or steamed and eaten.)or in powder form, use 1 tbs. in soup or other liquid, or take 4 capsuls a day.

Some of these good old remedies are so much better then medication that can cause another problem when you take it. I am allergic to a lot of drugs and almost all the chemicals they put in our food, so I welcome any safe all natural cures.

If you would like to eat all natural, try my all natural cookbook, GRANDMA'S BACK TO BASICS ALL NATURAL MORE THAN JUST A COOKBOOK ISBN#0-8059-6286-7, by Teresa Thompson,it is available at: www.dorrancepublishing.com, or phone at: 1-800-788-7654 You may order at: Amazonbooks.com, or it may be purchased at Bassetts Healthfood Store on Secor Road in Toledo, Ohio,between Sylvania Avenue and Executive Parkway.

If you are looking for a good novel that is interesting to the very end please try 'Under Obligation' by Trishianna Rose Roberts, ISBN# 1-58736-601-0. The story is based on a true life happening and is interesting to the very end. It is a true story but the names have been changed to protect the innocent.Please order at:www.wheatmark.com,Abebooks.com, Amazonbooks.com, and now available at: Books-a-million.com, 978-1587366010 and also at: BarnsandNoble.com, ISBN# 978-1587366010.

Laughter is healthy:

Little Johnnie, told his teacher that he had found a cat on his way to school but it was dead.
"Johnnie, how do you know the cat was dead?"
"I pissed in his ear and he didn't even move."
"You did what?!!" The teacher didn't know whether to ask another question or to scold him.
"You know," he explained. "I leaned down by his ear and went PSSST! and he didn't move."

No comments: