Friday, September 17, 2010

What to do with an infection

Eat for the health of it.

Most likely, if you had an infection, you would go to the doctor or the hospital. But what if you were out in the woods on a camping trip and you got jabbed with a dirty old stick or whatever? First of all, I would try to remember to take some type of first aid things along with me. Possibly some peroxcide to wash it out and some drawing salve, for the stubborn dirt. But what if it still got infected and it hurts like crazy and you know you have a real bad infection and possibly blood poisoning, now they call it tetinis. I'm not sure of the spelling. Any way, to be safe, when you go camping be sure to pack some yucca powder (I am sure you can buy that at the healthfood store)and some goldenseal powder and some canned milk and you don't go camping without an onion. Okay, so if you are injured and you notice the sore is getting pretty nasty and you are quite a ways away from a hospital; you need to slice the onion and place it on the wound, then mix one teaspoon yucca powder and one teaspoon of goldenseal powder with a little canned milk. Swallow this down as fast as you can because it tastes nasty but thats better then dying.

I remember when I had my uphosltery shop and I was taking the back off of a couch and somehow I got jabbed with a staple, I didn't think too much of it and I went with some friends the very next day to Columbus to the State Fair and my thumb started to pain me and it got so bad that I asked if we could leave and by the time we got about half way home I made my husband stop at a hospital and they said I had tetinis. That was by just being scraped with a nasty little staple. Now I use peroxide on little scrapes and big punctures and if it doesn't look like it is getting better, I see the doctor.
There was 11 kids in my family and we didn't go to the doctor unless we were half dead. Back then it only cost like a dollar or two and we didn't have insurance either. Usually if we got cut, we dumped some peroxide on it and a covered it with a bandaid. I guess we were healthy.We didn't eat processed foods like they have now.

That brings me to my all natural cookbook, GRANDMA'S BACK TO BASICS ALL NATURAL MORE THAN JUST A COOKBOOK ISBN#0-8059-6286-7, by Teresa Thompson. Please order at: www.dorrancepublishing.com or call at: 1-800-788-7654. It is also for sale at: Bassettes Healthfood Store in Toledo, Ohio, between Sylvania Avenue and Executive Parkway on Secor Road.

If you are looking for a great novel to read, please try, 'Under Obligation' by Trishianna Rose Roberts, ISBN#1-58736-601-0. Please order at:www.wheatmark.com, Amazonbooks.com,Abebooks.com, and now available at:BarnsandNoble.com ISBN#978-1587366010 and Books-a-million.com ISBN#978-1587366010.

Laughter is healthy:

A middle aged lady goes to the hospital after suffering a heart attack. While in the hospital she has a near death experience. During that experience she sees God and asks him if she is going to die. God tells her that she has thirty years yet to live. Upon her recovery she decides as long as she is in the hospital she will have a tummy tuck, a face lift and a breast enhancement. And she had her beautician come in and color her hair. She figured as long as she was going to live for thirty years she was going to make the most of it. She leaves the hospital and as she walked accross the parking lot to catch the bus at the corner to take her home, she is hit by a speeding ambulance with a sick patient.
She dies and arrives at the pearly gates in front of God and complains,"I thought you said I had another thirty years?"
God replies,"I didn't recognise you."

No comments: