Monday, February 22, 2010

Backache

Eat for the health of it.

Who hasn't had a backache? If you haven't you are really lucky. There are a lot of different things you can do for it but whatever works for you is what you want to do.

I broke my back in an auto accident 25 years ago and I also ruptured four disks in my neck and a disk in my low back. Now I have been doing all kinds of things to keep it from hurting. I have an inversion table that I use and a Back to Life machine that I use. I should say I had been using until I fell in my barn and messed up my neck and had to have surgery to repair three disks that were pressing on the spinal chord and now I have trouble walking and my hands sting like they were in a nest of bees. I hope to be better in a few months.

If you have back problems, the best thing to do is try to strengthen it by swimming and other exercises but don't just lay around and make it weak. You may have to rest it for awhile but get in the water as soon as you can even if you just walk around for awhile then gradually add more exercises. I had my neck surgery three weeks ago and I am going to go in the water tomorrow for awhile just to walk and hopfully I'll be able to swim soon. Even if you can't swim, use a floatation belt and swim fins. I cut the ends off my swim fins for less resistence. And then if you want more resistence then have two pair.

Alternating ice and heat also helps. Try lying on the floor and stretch. Try some willow bark tea (a natural form of aspirin). If you can get someone to massage your back or have your doctor recommend a place to get accupunture. You just keep trying until you find what works the best.

Please try my all natural cookbook, GRANDMA'S BACK TO BASICS ALL NATURAL MORE THAN JUST A COOKBOOK ISBN#0-8058-6286-7 AVAILABLE AT: www.wheatmark.com or phone# 1-800-788-7654 or at: Amazonbooks.com

You may want a good novel 'Under Obligation' by Trishianna Rose Roberts ISBN# 1-58736-601-0 it is a very good novel; you won't want to put it down. Available at: www.wheatmark.com It is also available at Amazonbooks.com and Abebooks.com

Laughter is healthy:

Women are actually angels until men break their wings off, then they simply have to fly around on broomsticks.

No comments: