Friday, August 19, 2011

healthy verses not so healthy

Eat for the health of it.

Potato chips from the healthfood store has the ingredients listed: organic potatoes, organic sunflower oil and sea salt.

On the other hand:

Potato chips from the super market or regular grocery store, one brand has ingredients listed: dried potatoes, corn oil, sunflower oil, yellow corn meal, wheat starch, malto dextrin, salt, dextrose, whey, buttermilk, dried tomato, dried garlic, partially hydroginated soybean oil( most of this stuff so far has not been too bad but then the partially hydrogenated soybean oil, I cringe just thinking of that stuff because if these soybeans come from the genetically altered soybeans, they make me very ill. I have eaten them by mistake abot 8 times already and I tell you, it is very painful. If a child or baby ever reacts to them like I do and they won't know what to do for them, I drink cold water, cold milk and ice cream, to treat it and it works) so far.

Then there is the monosodium glutamate(this stuff is also very bad, I get swollen lips, tongue, throat and hives when I eat that stuff),Oh there are more ingredients:cornsyrup solids, dried onion, sodium casinate, multicacid, spices, annatto extract, modified cornstarch, natural flavors (WOW) I wonder why? Artificial flavors, disodium inosinate, disodium guanylate. (Whatever those are, who knows)

I want a potato chip that tastes just like a thin sliced fried potato with some good ole sea salt on it. You know sea salt does not have that non-caling ingredient added to it and you know I have some sea salt in a jar that I have had for over a year and you know it has never caked anyway so why do they need a non caking junk, that isn't good for you, added to it.It doesn't make sense.

You may not think too much of this right now but if you ever start getting allergic to any of these ingredients that they add to our food, just remember me.

Please try my all natural cookbook: GRANDMA'S BACK TO BASICS ALL NATURAL MORE THAN JUST A COOKBOOK ISBN#0-8059-6286-7, you may order at: www.dorrancepublishing.com or phone at 1-800-788-7654. www.books-a-million.com or www.BarnsandNoble.com or www.Abebooks.com or most book stores will order the book for you if you give them the name of the book and the ISBN#.

Laughter is healthy:

Things you do not want to hear in the operating room.

Oops!!
Has anyone seen my watch?
Better save that, we may need it for the autopsy.
Wait a minute, if that's the spleen, then what is that?
What do you mean he wasn't in for a sex change?


No comments: