Sunday, July 24, 2011

Are you a salt lover?

Eat for the health of it.

Well I am and I guess I got that from my dad who always salted everything until it was white. He never had high blood pressure, he was seldom sick, but he worked for the city and worked with the water treatment so I always figure that was how he got cancer, just being around all of those chemicals.

I use sea salt and I feel it is better for you. Of course if you have high blood pressure or other illnesses that can lead to high blood pressure, I know you have to listen to your doctor. But right now is a good time to switch to sea salt if you don't use it already. If you notice there are a lot of restaurants that have switched to sea salt. I use it all the time and my blood preassure runs pretty normal most of the time but I have more trouble with it being too low.

I have some great rescipes in my all natural cookbook, GRANDMA'S BACK TO BASICS ALL NATURAL MORE THAN JUST A COOKBOOK, ISBN#0-8059-6286-7, it contains easy to use recipes and of course they are good, some handed down my family for years. My great-grandma's soft sugar cookie recipe; that is real old but my favorite cookie. Most of the recipes are very simple but very good. It is available at: www.dorrancepublishing.com, phone at: 1-800-788-7654, it also available at: Books-a-million.com, Abebooks.com, BarnsandNoble.com. And most books will order a book for you if you give them the ISBN# and the name of the book.

Laughter is healthy:

A man goes to the doctor and the doctor does all kinds of tests on the man and sends him home to wait for a phone call as soon as he gets the results.

The guy gets tired of waiting by the phone so he decides to go to town to visit with his friends and when he gets back that night it was too late for any doctor to call. The next day the doctor calls and the guy answers the phone and the doctors says: "I have bad news and I have some very bad news."

"Well, tell me the bad news first."

"The lab called and said you have got just 24 hours to live."

" Twenty four hours. That's terrible! What could be worse? What's the very bad news?"

"I have been trying to reach you since yesterday."

No comments: