Saturday, November 27, 2010

Do you know someone with mental illness?

Eat for the health of it.

All I can say is that if you do know someone with a mental illness, try to encourage them to eat all natural foods and drink plenty of good water, not the water that has clorine in it. If you have city water it does have chlorine in it but you can get a good filtering system installed and it's worth every penny.

I learned the hard way, before I knew that city water had chlorine in it, I broke out in a mass of pimples and leaky, crusty skin leasions. It was horrible.

Getting back to the diet for mental illness, please try to get that person to eat all natural foods and to eat three meals a day. You need to keep their blood sugar levels up. Drink plenty of fluids and try to keep those fluids as natural as you can. Natural fruit juices, filtered water, coffee, tea, lemonade, tomato juice, anything that is all natural.
Try supplements like, B-complex, Vitamin E, calcium, magnesium, potassium, boron, lithium and omega fatty acids.
Keeping your bowels moving regular is also important. If you have a problem with this, go to the health food store and get some laxative tea, I drink it every night and after awhile you will figure out that maybe you only need a half cup. I take 1 tea bag and I make 4 cups from that bag and I drink about a cup every night with some PURE honey. It works great. And just so you know this, you have to watch out for the honey now, some of these honey makers or distributers are cutting their honey with HFCS ( high fructose corn syrup). I didn't know that until I kept breaking out from that crap and I read the label on this bottle of honey and it read (contains HFCS) I called the waitress over and I told her,"I come to this restaurant because you serve home cooked meals and you say you don't use chemicals but did you know that your honey has HFCS in it?" She whisked that jar of honey off the table and took it back to the kitchen, she apologized and said she would get it taken care of. I also warned another couple of restaurants that serve honey that this is happening and they said they would watch for it. The ones you really have to watch out for are fast food places and other places that serve the little packets of honey, ( they are usually the ones that contain HFCS. Now some restaurants do have the containers and it will say pure honey, then you are okay.

I thank the people who have bought my book and are using it, and trying to eat all natural, you will be healthier if you do.
GRANDMA'S BACK TO BASICS ALL NATURAL MORE THAN JUST A COOKBOOK ISBN#1-58736-601-0. Please order at: www.dorrancepublishing.com or phone at: 1-800-788-7654. Also available at: Bassettes Health Food Store in Toledo, Ohio, on Secor Road between Sylvania Avenue and Executive Parkway. Also available at: Books-a-million.com and BarnsandNoble.com and Amazonbooks.com.

Laughter is healthy:
Two men waiting at the pearly gates strike up a conversation and the first guy asks the second guy, "How did you die?"
"I froze to death."
"That's awful, how does that feel?"
"At first it's uncomfortable, you get the shakes, pains in your fingers and toes. Then you get real calm and you ease into a sleep. How did you die?"
"I had a heart attack, you see, I knew my wife was cheating on me so I came home early and I ran upstairs and found her alone, knitting. I ran downstairs and into the basement but no-one was there either. I ran up the stairs again and went to the attic and as I got to the attic I had a heart attack and died.
The second man says," That's ironic."
"What do you mean?"
"If you had just stopped to look in the freezer, we would both still be alive."

No comments: